"Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions,
never know too much to learn something new."
Frequently Asked Questions about Craniosacral Therapy:
What makes Acorn Seminars unique?
Your instructor, Dr. Jim Green, teaches all the Acorn Seminars craniosacral therapy classes. This allows for continuity, integration, and consistency throughout the whole of the students education, plus you get years of experience both clinically and educationally. When you take a craniosacral therapy course from Acorn Seminars, the fundamentals, even from CST-1 onward, will come back to clarify, assist and reinforce your skills even at the CST-6. A few things of interest about your instructor, Jim:
- CST curriculum (begun in 1985)- CST1, CST2, SER1, SER2, Adv. 1 and 2 with Dr. John Upledger.
- teacher training- CST1, CST2, Pediatrics, and Dissection with Dr. John Upledger.
- Upledger Foundation's Brain and Spinal Cord Dysfunction Center- 1989 to 1994.
- staff therapist at Upledger Institute's clinic, Palm Beach Gardens, FL- 1989 to 2002.
- developed CST for animals while working at the Upledger Institute. Head of CST2, Pediatrics, and Animal courses for the Upledger Institute.
- certified teacher for Upledger Institute in 1990 and taught close to 250 classes.
- first CST practitioner to become certified by Dr. Upledger in techniques level certification.
How does this benefit the student looking for high-quality craniosacral therapy seminars?
- repetition- the fundamentals you learn in CST-1 are reiterated and will come back to clarify, assist and reinforce your skills throughout the entire curriculum.
- personalized- all classes are small enough to ensure individualized attention during the practical, hands-on portions of the seminars for a more qualitative experience overall.
- family owned- from answering your phone calls to designing classes and study guides, from organizing and setting up each seminar to the creation of the website and all promotional materials, we strive to create a high-quality, personalized and comfortable workshop experience .
How do I register for classes with Acorn Seminars?
Choose the seminar of your choice from the Calendar page and use the contact information to register.
In the United States and classes overseas, please contact Regina Green at (315) 325-4423 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you accept other CST schools' classes if I want to take higher level Acorn Seminars classes?
In regards to our classes, it is our policy that students with previous training through other schools must be checked out prior to class through a practical examination in order to take a higher level Acorn Seminars class.
How much do the seminars cost?
The CST class tuition is $700 per person or $650 if registered one month prior to seminar date. Full payment is required to reserve a space.
The CST Animal class tuition is $800 per person or $750 if registered one month prior to seminar date. Full payment is required to reserve a space. Classes are limited to 18 participants.
The CST-6/Therapist Intensive class tuition is $900 per person or $850 if registered one month prior to seminar date. Full payment is required to reserve a space. Classes are limited to 10 participants. This is a five (5) day class.
How long are the seminars?
The seminars are 4 days long (except for the CST-6 which is 5 days), Thursday through Sunday. Class times are 9am to 7pm for all 4 days. First day begins at 8:30am for registration. Ending times are approximate and often run late. Attendance and active participation for all 4 days is required for certificate of completion. The fourth day is a full day and the instructor will be on hand for all afternoon practice sessions.
Will I be eligible for CEU's?
Acorn Seminars is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider #450070-06. Continuing Education hours are as follows:
31- CST- 1 Basic
32- CST- 2 Intermediate
32- CST- 3 Whole Body
32- CST-4 Pediatrics
32- CST-5 Dialogue and Imagery
40- CST-6 Therapist Intensive
31- CST Practical Integration
35- CST for Animals
What will I receive in the class and how can I best prepare for an enjoyable experience?
Participants will receive a study guide, hands-on workshop training, morning and afternoon refreshments, and a seminar certificate. Participants are encouraged to receive CST sessions prior to the class and have a session set up after the class, as the classes are designed as educational experiences. For participants going onto higher level classes, CST-3 and beyond, practicing and receiving regular CST work outside of class will often ease the learning curve of new material and lessen the intensity of the lab portion of the seminars. Participants who are familiar with previous class material will find the review portions of the mornings more meaningful and effective. Anyone going on past CST-3 will find that practicing and receiving mouthwork is a must for all practitioners wanting to get the most out of the classes.
What are the cancellation policies?
If Acorn Seminars cancels a seminar you will be notified 14 days before the first day of class. In this case you will be entitled to a full refund or we will transfer your course credit to any other seminar. Acorn Seminars is not responsible for any expenses incurred due to flight or hotel reservations.
If you need to cancel a seminar you must inform Acorn Seminars a minimum of 14 days in advance.
The full seminar fee will be charged upon failure to appear at the course or failure to notify Acorn Seminars prior to the course.
Can I sponsor an Acorn Seminars course?
If you would like to sponsor a four-day Acorn Seminars class in your area or through your school, please call for more information regarding sponsorships at (315) 325-4423 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Acorn Seminars Class policies
- Class times are 9am to 7pm (ending times are approximate).
- Class participation for all 4 days is required for continuity of the class. No portion of class labs may be missed under any circumstances.
- Participants are encouraged to practice 50-75 hours of CST before going onto the next level for confidence and techniques integration.
- Participants are encouraged to receive 2 CST sessions prior to the class and have a session set up after as the classes are designed as educational experiences only.
- Participants going into CST-3 and above will benefit greatly and enhance their class time experience by receiving mouth work prior to the class.
- Review of the CST material from previous classes will be just that- a review.
- Discounts on repeat classes will remain in effect for up to three years after taking the initial class.
How do I make an appointment for a clinic treatment?
For an appointment : call 315-325-4423 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic Hours: Monday through Friday, 10am-6pm.
It is recommended clients schedule 4-6 sessions sequentially, (1x per week) for best results.
What is craniosacral therapy?
Craniosacral Therapy or CST, is a gentle, hands-on therapy that taps into the body’s own natural self-corrective ability to create balance and wellness in the nervous system.
Using a light touch, the therapist addresses the central nervous system and the cerebrospinal fluid which produces a cranial tide or rhythm. The goal of CST is to free up restrictions inside the skull and the spine, thus relieving stress, decreasing pain, and enhancing overall health in the central nervous system. A properly functioning central nervous system determines how relaxed, capable, and resilient the health of an individual will be throughout life.
What conditions does craniosacral therapy help?
Craniosacral therapy enhances vitality and encourages the body’s own natural healing abilities and internal pharmacy to regain health and balance in a gentle way. Wide-ranging conditions can often be helped such as:Orthopedic Problems/ Stress Management/ Headaches/Migraines/ Neck and Back Pain/ Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries/ TMJ Dysfunctions/ Learning Disabilities/ Post Traumatic Stress Disorders/ Emotional Difficulties/ Chronic Pain Syndromes/ Healthy Baby/Healthy Mother Programs/ Sleep Disorders/ Wellness Visits/Vertigo/Tinnitus
What conditions can craniosacral therapy help with babies and children?Colic/ Hydrocephalus/ Failure-to-thrive syndromes/ Hearing problems/ Motor problems/ Pylorospasm/ Erb’s Palsy/ Vomiting/ Seizures/ Strabismus/ Cerebral Palsy/ Torticollis/ Dyslexia/ Aphasias/ Down's Syndrome/ Autism/ Hyperactivity/ Spasticity/ and many others.